About Me

My photo
Warrensburg, MO, United States
Love your life or change it.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Flavors of India in Lee's Summit, MO

Critique No.1
Restaurant:
Bombay Palace
1313 NE Douglas St
Lees Summit, MO 64086
(816) 525-2300


Cuisine: Traditional Indian
Max. Seating Occupancy: 40
Price Point: $9.00 for all you can eat buffet, average prices off menu- $7 to $12

I first tried Indian cuisine at a young age and fell in love with it. Full of deep, intense flavors, it offers an experience that is distinct and delicious.
Highlights- Kheer(rice pudding) was spot on, Very good Masala chicken, complimentary chai tea after your meal was nice.
Opportunities for Improvement- Some of the dishes (mixed veggies, and chutney) seamed to have an overuse of the curry. It overpowered the main ingredients leaving them indistinguishable.

There are other options in the area for Indian food, this was in my humble opinion the best bite for the buck!

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Please visit this locally owned business and see if you agree!

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I tried Bombay Palace a few weeks ago and were super impressed. We'd never had Indian food before, and I was amazed at how much food we got for our money. We'll definitely be going back.

    Have you tried Thai Spice across Douglas yet? They're fantastic, too. My sister and I love the Thai Fried Rice, and I think their Phad Thai is fantastic, too.

    Definitely cool to see more ethnic restaurants popping up in Lee's Summit, eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kate and I went to Bombay Palace again last weekend, and it's now under new management. The manager actually had his cook whip up a special dish for Kate when she couldn't figure out quite what she wanted, and it was EXCELLENT. I had the chicken korma, and it was fabulous as well. Might be worth another trip back!

    ReplyDelete